27 March 2012

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, Singapore

Apparently, this temple, situated in Singapore's Chinatown, houses a tooth relic of Buddha's- which was said to be found in 1980 in Myanmar. That's the history I came across on this temple, and as I didn't visit the museum portion I can't say what was on display. But I did look inside the temple, which is fairly new. I'm not sure that I have ever been inside a Buddhist temple such as this. A different religion as it may be to me, I still found it very interesting to look around, see different rituals and reading about what these people believe. This temple was absolutely beautiful- you cant help but stand in awe at the architecture and sheer attention to detail in...pretty much everyting! Endless decoration, gold and ,in this temple's case, Buddhas...I definitely loved seeing some of the handiwork , art and color that goes into making these things. And somehow, it does help me appreciate my own beliefs more- seeing and being surrounded by other religions and beliefs. I'm glad for that... and I really am glad that I've had the opportunity to see what's outside my own California bubble (as well as the very westernized countries I've visited before.) As St Augustine said, " The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...