23 November 2011

Paris at night

Paris comes alive at night. You know that magical, exciting feeling of Christmas when the lights line the streets and outline the houses? That's how Paris feels at night (can you imagine Paris at Christmas time?!). It's exciting - it's alive, and there is so much to see and do at night here. One thing I really enjoyed was seeing the sunset from the Arc de Triomphe. The blazing oranges, red and pinks was a sight to behold from the end of the Champs Elysees.

Paris' Arc de Triomphe

                                                                                                                                                                                                               ©CM



Last time I was in Paris, I took a river cruise around sunset - this time it was well past sunset and I can't decided which I enjoyed better. At night, Paris has a certain mysterious, seductive nature - and it's best seen from the water. It's beautiful and romantic (even if you don't have a significant other, it feels like you could just take flight with all the awe-inspiring views!) And, yes the Eiffel Tower was blue, but I guess it's a  special, once in a lifetime thing (hopefully only once...) - I mean, how many people saw the Eiffel Tower when it was blue? Lots, yes - but it's still a pretty rare event. (I still have to go back to Paris again, if only on sheer principle of seeing the Eiffel Tower as it was meant to be seen!)

                                                                                                                         We were sitting on the edge of the boat!    ©CM


                                                                                      ©CM


                                       The Paris Opera House - how I would love to go inside!   ©CM


                                             A blue, sparkly Eiffel Tower..... (still magical!)  ©CM

In 2004 - 4 years previous, I had so wanted to visit the Moulin Rouge, but I never got the opportunity. So, come 2008, opportunity presented itself, and I found myself at the famous Red Windmill. Now, Moulin Rouge wasn't quite as I had imagined it - it was a little more modern and Las Vegas-y which kind of made it a little cheesy. But, this is the Moulin Rouge we're talking about, so of course I enjoyed every minute of the show - especially the different themes presented. Just to think of the history of this place was so exhilarating!

                                                                                                  Christy and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...