02 September 2011

The City That Glitters

When I was 17 (in 2004) I took my first trip to Paris (and London) - the city every girl dreams about going to! My parents, best friend and I had a blast visiting all the museums, landmarks, etc, but one of my favorite things was experiencing the Eiffel Tower come alive at night. Starting around sunset, the city would illuminate with the tower's sparkling radiance for the first ten minutes of every hour...needless to say - I fell in love! I definitely was a dork some nights and would go outside every hour - on the hour - (even in my jammies!) to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle. Something I'll never forget.




And, just for fun - here's a video I took 4 years later when I re-visited Paris on my
"European Cavalcade". (Yes, the Eiffel Tower was blue that year.....)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...